9 advantages of operant dog training: how good is this training method?
The operant method of training dogs is gaining more and more popularity among owners and competent dog handlers. What is this method good for? We bring to your attention 9 advantages of operant dog training.
- A dog is an active participant in training, not a passive “object,” which means that she takes the initiative and is interested in learning.
- The dog draws conclusions and can control the situation, which means that its self-confidence increases and intelligence develops.
- Dogs increase self-control, they quickly learn to work in difficult conditions with many irritants.
- The operant method, unlike the mechanical one, works with any dogs.
- Using the operant method, a dog can be taught anything.
- The operant method of training, in which the right actions are immediately actively encouraged, gives a stable and reliable result.
- The operant training method is based on satisfying the dog’s motivation, which means that the desired behavior will manifest itself more often.
- The operant method is not just training, but also building relationships with a dog based on mutual respect, love and interest.
- The operant method of training makes it possible to get a dog obedient, but at the same time gushing with energy, fun and proactive.
Want to learn more about the operant method of training dogs? Read Tatyana Romanova's article “Opera Training of Dogs”!